10.12.13

Made In America

I love documentaries.
They are my film genre of choice.
And, if I start, I can watch 5 in a week on Netflix.
Oh, and I also think the extra few bucks a month 
for Showtime is totally worth it.
They show and commission lots of documentaries.
Anyway, I watched Jay-Z's and Ron Howard's 
film 'Made In America.'
It's about Jay-Z's inaugural festival 
(aptly named Made In America)
In Philadelphia.
It's pretty spectacular.
From Jill Scott to DJ Skrillex to Odd Future to Santigold..
Passion Pit and Pearl Jam--Jay Z nodding his head to The Hives.
You get the idea.
Ron Howard talks to people in security, food vendors - 
and gets their perspective on 'making' it in America.
Besides the music, this documentary fills you with
SPIRIT. 
And the feeling that binds us all...
hope, love, passion. 
Think it's worth the watch.



No comments: