5.1.14

Brit Brit



I've long had an obsession with Britney Spears.
As a child of the 80s my first loves were 
Janet, Madonna, Mariah, and Whitney Houston.
Also, Paula Abdul. Don't judge. 
 I was neck deep in jelly bracelets, k? 
Anyway, Britney came along when I was searching for 
something to fill my diva void.
Now, she has setup shop in Las Vegas.
She's had a rough decade.

My girlfriend took me to see her on her last tour.
We danced and sang, I lost an earring from dancing...
and we got TO MEET HER.
At the Meet N Greet.
There has been a lot of hullabaloo in the news lately about people paying 
beaucoup money to do the same. 
And only getting mere seconds of her time.
I believe it. 
Here's our story..
We were ushered into a hallway with about 40-50
other people to meet the pop superstar.
Her aunt came out (I remembered her from the 'true stories' on E!)
and said to please be respectful, don't touch her, etc.
Uh, ok.
But, probably necessary for some people to hear.
Our group went in and she said hi.
We were lined up for a picture.
And, that was it.
Now, from the picture you can tell I feel totally awkward.
Uh...apparently so awkward I forgot to brush my hair.
Regardless, I didn't even look at her.
I just went over to stand by my girlfriend and smiled.
That was it.

RADAR Online had this quote:
“Fans were told before the meet-and-greet that they were not to hug or touch Britney without her permission and they weren’t allowed to bring her any gifts,” a source told Radar. “Fans were anticipating a flashy meet-and-greet with Britney but instead it was just awkward and uncomfortable. She barely spoke. She just smiled and nodded and said ‘thank you’ a lot.”

Yep, that's pretty true from my experience.
Some artists might do theirs differently but 
there was no expectation from my end.
I didn't think anything of it.
If I had paid $2,500 to meet my idol
and felt like I didn't even get a second of eye contact 
I suppose I'd be upset too.
Hopefully, they still danced their earrings off.


No comments: