23.2.15

The Oscars - Part 1

Cate Blanchett. 
In Margiela Couture.
Which has a new head designer by the name of John Galliano. 
(Givenchy, Christian Dior)
You may have heard of him. 
Look, Cate can do no wrong. 
She's perfection. And she always brings us a moment.
Which, is my only criticism. 
There isn't really a moment with this dress...
no striking panel or geometric shapes. 
Just a beautiful black dress.
She's also styled to PERFECTION. 
The hair. The necklace. 
YES.


Reese Witherspoon. 
I loved it.
Tom Ford.
It's simple and totally chic and elegant.
Her hair and makeup were spot on.
It was all working for me.


Chrissy & John. 
She is in Zuhair Murad, he in Gucci.
Don't love the super dark lip, but, 
the rest of it I'm into. 
Sophisticated.

Dakota Johnson in Saint Laurent. 
It looks effortless.
Very pretty. 
Red makes you feel sexy, it just does.
However, her hair looks like she just left
high school volleyball practice. 
And, that is SUPER far from The Oscars. 

Emma Stone in Elie Saab.
I'm not totally crazy about the fact that it is the
exact same color as celery.
HOWEVER, I love it.
I love the sleeves and the slight sweeping train. 
I love her red lip and side swept hair.
She can wear this. 
And only look slightly celery stalk-y.
Plus, if someone said to me I looked like a stalk of celery I would say
THANK YOU!!
That's so sweet.



Gwyneth Paltrow in Ralph & Russo. 
Love it. 
The whole look is good. 
Her hair...earrings...
so, so, simply gorg.

Jennifer Aniston in Versace.
I don't think this photographed well, 
but, I bet it was lovely in person. 
She also looks like she just came from 
volleyball practice.
(Besides the gown)

Jennifer Hudson in Romona Keveza.
When she sings I cry like a little baby.
The yellow is glorious on her skin, but
this also reads a little bridesmaid to me.
I just love the short hair, the vibe.
It's all good.

Jennifer Lopez in Elie Saab.
Has she worn this before?
I can't remember.
It's divine. 
What a gorgeous gown.
Do you think J LO could not show her cleavage?
Like, if she had to cover up her boobs 
would she spike a fever?
Clammy? 
I don't want to find out.

Jessica Chastain in Givenchy.
NO THANK YOU MA'AM. 
Why oh why is JC doing this?!! 
It's very Mother Of The Bride. 
To me. 
I really hate it.

Speaking of hating things...
Just kidding. Kinda.
Kelly Preston does not age. 
She's pretty gorgeous. 
She is wearing Gustavo Cadile.
I'm not sure why she drug John Travolta's 
wax statue to The Oscars'. 
Maybe he was busy. 
That is not a real person..


Best Actress winner Julianne Moore.
I don't want the fashion gods to rain fireballs on me or my family, 
so, forgive me for saying this.
But, I don't like it.
I don't like Best Actress winner, Julianne Moore, whom is clad in CHANEL...
There, I said it. 
I think it's because it's white. 
Why would they put Julianne in WHITE?!
Honestly. Really. 
I don't understand. 

Keira Knightly in Valentino.
Very ethereal, pretty.
I wish she would've showed the bump, 
but, I'll take it.
I think the writing is how many months pregnant she is.
I made that last part up.


Keith and Nicole.
Nicole Kidman in Louis Vuitton.
At first, I hated this.
I thought it looked like a barrette I wore in 6th grade.
But, upon further review it's not so bad.


Kerry Washington in Miu Miu.
I don't mean to be harsh, but, 
I hate this.
I'm hoping that her friend was getting married after
the ceremony and she is a bridesmaid. 
Also, Kerry Washington is a glorious person.
Does lots of nice things for people. 
So, I feel better about saying I hate her dress.
(But, she really does)

Lupita Nyong'o in Calvin Klein.
At first glance it looks like an interesting white dress.
Lupita is like Cate Blanchett, always stunning 
and gives us SOMETHING.
This dress is made from a 
reported 6,000 pearls. 
It's stunning. 
And probably super heavy.

Margot Robbie in Saint Laurent.
I like this dress. 
It looks easy and comfortable..yet still 
Oscar worthy.
I do think it's too old for her. 
She's 24.


Patricia Arquette in Rosetta Getty.
Whom is her friend. 
Which, I love.
I think she looks good. 
I really do. 
And I liked her girl power random speech.
That, was awesome.

Rosamund Pike in Givenchy Haute Couture.
Divine.
She looks perfect.
Plus, she seems really cool. 
In an interesting...I can't-believe-she's-my friend kinda way.
If she were my friend. 
I don't want to mention she just had a baby...
but you guys, SHE JUST HAD A BABY.
(In December) 
And, it was a boy, and they named him ATOM. WHAT?!
See how interesting she is?
Her husband is a mathematical researcher, so, they probably 
talk about atoms a lot. 
I don't know why we aren't friends...
I'm changing James name to proton. Stat. 
That was dumb.

Scarlett Johansson in Versace.
Her body is SICK.
I love this. 
It's so sexy.
It's bold. 
I'm in.
You can say all sorts of things about the seaweed around her neck, but, 
I still like it.

Sienna Miller in Oscar de la Renta. 
It's fine. 
Just fine. 

More to come.





No comments: